Weekend Guide: Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, Dunwoody Art Festival, Atlanta Bar Golf and More!

Hello, local readers! Hot off the press is this week’s edition of our weekend guide, filled with the best things to do in and around Atlanta this Thursday through Sunday. As always, be sure to add anything we missed in the comments section. Enjoy your weekend!!

Atlanta Food & Wine Festival

Atlanta Food & Wine Festival

Midtown. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Times and ticket prices vary.

A premier event for Atlanta’s foodies, the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival features delicious menus and tasty cocktails prepared by outstanding southern talent. Whether your schedule and budget allows for a single day of tasting or four days of world-class fare, this event is a great way to get a taste of Atlanta’s culinary scene.

More info and directions


Dunwoody Art Festival

Dunwoody Art Festival 2012

Mt. Vernon Road and Dunwoody Village Parkway. Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Sunday, 12:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Free.

This Mother’s Day tradition features fun for the whole family. Enjoy a creative and colorful artist market, fun and interactive Kidz Zone and live, local music during the third annual Dunwoody Art Festival. No need to leave the furry kids at home either. Dog are permitted if leashed.

More info and directions

Image from tour location 7, Livia and Scott Hostetler

Gardens for Connoisseurs

Metro Atlanta. Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;  Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. $25 in advance; $30 day of the tour. Children 12 and under free.

Treat Mom to tour of the eleven of the finest private gardens in Atlanta! This self-guided glimpse will entertain the green thumbs as well as novices. Learn about current trends in outdoor spaces and revel in the beauty of these lush gardens. Each one is unique! This annual tour benefits the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

More info and directions

Hogs & Hops

Hogs & Hops

Sweetwater Brewery. Saturday, 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. $40.

Get piggy with it and head to Sweetwater Brewery for BBQ and beer goodness! Your ticket will cover all Sweetwater beer and BBQ samples. The King of Pops, Fry Guy and Skee Nation will also be there! Enjoy live music from the Geeks Band. This event is rain or shine, 21 and up, no kids or pets please.

More info and directions

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Komen Race for the Cure

Atlantic Station. Saturday, Survivor breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.; 1 mile walk begins at 7:45 a.m.; 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. $35.

The 22nd annual Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure is this Saturday. Choose from a 5K run/walk or a 1 mile walk to help find a cure for breast cancer. This year’s race is expected to have more than 18,000 participants. 75% of all money raised is given to local breast health screening and education while the remaining 25% is donated to the national Komen Research Grant Program. Donations are accepted online at komenatlanta.org.

More info and directions

Atlanta Bar Golf

9th Annual Atlanta Bar Golf Tournament

Moe’s and Joe’s. Saturday, 1:30 p.m. $5. 21+.
Don your favorite golf clothes (the crazier, the better) and head down to the Highlands for the 9th Annual Atlanta Bar Golf Tournament: The Highland Cup. This pub crawl will take you to nine different bars, each offering several drinks that will determine your score at the “hole.” Proceeds from the event benefit Atlanta Pet Rescue.

More info and directions

Leave a Reply

WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing

Currently you have JavaScript disabled. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser.