Happy Earth Day!
There is always a lot of hype related to Earth Day, and as my coworker, Ashley, mentioned in her Earth Day guest post last month, eco-friendly promotional products tend to sell out quickly in March and April because of the considerable amount of companies that choose to celebrate Earth Day. This year, why not strive to live a more eco-conscious existence 24/7, 365? It is easy to let green initiatives fall by the wayside after the media buzz surrounding Earth Day dies down, so for a few ideas to help you and your organization stay on track with your sustainable objectives year-round,
1. Catering a client lunch or dinner? Hire local caterers known for using organically grown ingredients to please your guests’ palates AND Mother Earth.
2. Opt for energy efficient technology and lighting in your workspace. Power saving equipment has become much more readily available, as well as less expensive, in recent years.
3. In winter, keep office thermostats set to temperatures between 65 and 68 during business hours, and lower the temperature a few degrees to 60-65 after hours. Similarly, in summer, stick to temperatures of about 78-80 degrees during the workday and slightly higher than that when the office is unoccupied. You’ll be surprised by how much difference raising and lowering the temperature a few degrees during off hours can impact your monthly heating and air conditioning bills!
4. Patronize eco-friendly businesses like Pinnacle Promotions for promotional office supplies, custom imprinted apparel, and trade show giveaway items. We donate a portion of all proceeds from sales of our EarthSmart™ products to 1% for the Planet, an international network of over 1,700 environmental organizations.
5. Participate in community betterment activities. Whether you sponsor a volunteer event or form a company team to take part in a fundraiser, you can give back to your neighborhood in a variety of ways. Another one of my colleagues, Sarah, created the awesome Search Story at the beginning of this post to enlighten Pinnacle’s customers about maximizing the impact of your company’s volunteerism by using promotional products to thank volunteers. Check it out if you are in need of some Earth Day inspiration… and because it is just plain awesome!
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
-Native American Proverb
Team Lead- Social Media
view my bio