In case you were not aware, March is National Women’s Month. So in honor of Women’s Month and, well, women, I have decided to dedicate this blog post to the influence of women in today’s consumer market and emphasize the fact that if you are not already directing part of your marketing efforts and promotional products toward this demographic, you should. For instance, American women spend about $6 trillion annually – that’s a huge market.
Read on for some more statistics regarding women’s impact on today’s economy care of she-conomy.com.
In regards to consumer purchases, women account for:
- 91% of New Homes
- 66% PCs
- 92% Vacations
- 80% Healthcare
- 65% New Cars
- 89% Bank Accounts
- 93% Food
- 93 % OTC Pharmaceuticals
And in terms of their purchasing decisions:
- 61% of women influence household consumer electronic buying decisions.
- Nearly 50% of women say they want more green choices.
- 37% are more likely to pay attention to brands that are committed to environmental causes.
- 25% of all products in a woman’s shopping cart nowadays are environmentally friendly.
Plus when women are aware you support women owned businesses:
- 79% would try your product or service.
- 80% would solidify their brand loyalty.
- 51% would give a company a second chance if a product or service missed the mark the first time.
And if you’re still not convinced of women’s consumer power, how about the stat that 85 percent of all brand purchases are made by women? (We won’t get into the fact that despite these numbers only 3 percent of advertising agency creative directors are women…)
Team Lead – Multimedia
view my bio!